As with all our adoption programmes, we recommend applicants contact us for an overview of all country programmes as selecting a country is an important decision and by discussing the different programmes with HHAMA applicants can be helped to make a decision which is informed and realistic in terms of completing an adoption.
HHAMA has a partnership with Bulgarian agency. NGO VESTA
BULGARIA has signed and ratified the Hague Convention on Inter-Country Adoptions, 1993 .
- They shall be eligible to adopt under their national law;
- They shall not suffer from serious chronic and contagious venereal diseases, tuberculosis, HIV and other life threatening diseases;
- They shall not be deprived of their parental rights;
- They shall not be convicted;
- Both single and married couples can adopt. Couples shall be married when they wish to adopt together.
- They shall be registered in the Ministry of Justice register of adoptive parents, residing abroad and applying to adopt a Bulgarian child under the conditions of full adoption;
Prospective adoptive parents must be at least 15 years older than the child they apply to adopt. When the child is adopted by a couple at least of the parents shall meet this requirement.
Full details available from HHAMA. Please email or make an appointment to discuss your application.