HHAMA welcomes all feedback and client all feedback/complaint will be investigated and responded to with full respect for the client and the feedback/complaint. Our Feedback/Complaints Policy, which outlines the HHAMA commitment to accept and respond to client feedback/complaints in a timely and professional manner is available to all registered applicants and is outlined below.
Feedback/complaints can be submitted using our online form below. On submission of your feedback/complaint you will be issued with a reference number, please use this in any future communication with us.
We acknowledge receipt of all feedback/complaints within 3 working days. We commit to have a response within 15 days from receipt of a formal complaint. We may contact you for further information in order to fully respond to your feedback/complaint.
Policy Number: PP2003001
Policy Title HHAMA Complaints Policy and Applicant Complaint Procedure Guidelines
Policy Scope HHAMA welcomes all feedback and an Applicant complaint is a form of feedback which we acknowledge is important to accept, investigate and respond to with full respect for the applicant and the complaint. This Policy outlines HHAMA commitment to accept and respond to Applicant complaints in a timely and professional manner and also includes Procedural Guidelines for applicants on how to make a complaint.
HHAMA policy in relation to handling complaints is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint.
- To make sure everyone at HHAMA knows what to do if complaint is received.
- To make sure all complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do and implement Corrective Action and Continuous Improvement as appropriate.
An Applicant complaint is defined as an expression of dissatisfaction concerning the provision of any service or services provided to the applicant by HHAMA.
Procedural Guidelines for Applicant making a complaint:
- To whom should you complain?
- If you have a cause for complaint, it should be directed to the HHAMA CEO.
- Our CEO and any appropriate assigned member of Staff will try to deal with the problem without delay.
- How can you submit a complaint?
An Applicant can make a complaint in person, by phone, in writing by e-mail or by submission of a complaints form. Please contact HHAMA for a complaints form.
|Helping Hands Adoption Mediation Agency
The Loft, Bessborough Centre, Blackrock, Cork
- What information should you include in a complaint?
You will help to speed up the investigation of your complaint by providing the following details:
- Your name, address and e-mail address.
- Outline exactly what you were dissatisfied with.
- Indicate the name of the staff member or section you dealt with.
- A daytime telephone number.
- HHAMA Commitments when dealing with Applicant Complaints
- We will acknowledge all complaints within 3 working days.
- We will investigate all complaints and issue a reply to your complaint within 15 working days or, where this is not possible, an interim reply will issue explaining the position and advising when a substantive response will issue.
- All complaints will be treated promptly, fairly, impartially and in confidence.
- We will keep records of complaints separate from other records.
- We will ensure that no complaint you have made in good faith will be used to your disadvantage in the future dealings with HHAMA.
- We will endeavour to learn from mistakes to ensure that errors are not repeated.
- We will put corrective actions process in place where necessary and provide feedback to the applicant on changes made. PP6005001 CI/CA Procedure.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation by the HHAMA CEO, the matter may be appealed to the HHAMA Board of Directors.
- If you are still unhappy with the response, you should make a formal complaint to the Adoption Authority of Ireland.
- The deadlines for responding to appeals will be the same as those for formal complaints (outlined above).
It is HHAMA policy that all applicant complaints are notified to the Adoption Authority of Ireland. Notwithstanding that fact applicant do have the option to make the complaint directly to the Adoption Authority of Ireland if the response from HHAMA or the outcome of the appeal to HHAMA is not resolved to the satisfaction of the client.